Students will be required to wear masks to attend this class.
Using a schematic and your measurements, we’ll look at how to master the fit of sweater patterns to YOUR body, and what those modifications look like in a simplified form.
- How to choose a size to start with.
- How to compare your measurements to sweater schematics to learn how a “hybrid size” can be a solution when your measurements span more than one size.
- What to do when your weight is carried more in front or back
- What to do when your gauge and the pattern gauge don’t agree.
Note: this class used to be called Modifications: Easy Sweater Math.
Come to class with a set of measurements that include:
• Upper torso measurement
• Full bust measurement
• Armhole depth
• Natural waist circumference
• Hip circumference at mid-hip
• Bicep circumference
• Wrist circumference **Instructions for taking these measurements are in the handout, which will be available prior to class**
• Handout (schematic and worksheet will be available prior to class)
• Your measurements (see homework)