Students will be required to wear masks to attend this class.
When I’m making a sweater for myself, I make myself a visual “map” to show me what to do and when. Body shaping, sleeve shaping, bust darts, and more are all on this one-page image that acts as a guide for making my sweater. In this class, I’ll show you how to make your own!
By the end of this class, you will have:
• A body map of yourself
• An understanding of ease and what your ease preferences are
• A "sweater map" for a basic, set-in sleeve sweater designed for your body
• A plan for using the sweater map alongside other patterns to create sweaters that fit you well.
Technique Requirements: should have experience making sweater modifications. Recommended pre-requisite classes: Out on a Limb (or understanding of sleeve cap math) and Bums and Bellies.
Fill out the measurement sheet in your handout. It is essential that you have these measurements ready in class. Make a personal croquis (fashion illustration model) of yourself at mybodymodel.com or using the instructions in the handout Discount code for mybodymodel: INDIGODRAGONFLY (case sensitive)
• Graph paper or dot grid paper (large enough squares for you to count)
• Ruler and tape measure
• Your croquis
• Your measurement sheet, filled out