Shawls, Sharves, Scarfs & Ponchini
Saturday, May 16, 2020
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Design, Tips & Techniques
Broaden your knitting horizons and change your life with StevenBe. This workshop is designed to be an amazing opportunity to have fun while learning Steven’s best tips and tricks. It will set you free from patterns as written and help you feel comfortable making your own modifications and design decisions. Remember: a pattern is only a guideline! Start with a base pattern from StevenBe or any of your favorite shawl designers and learn different methods of creating angles and edges, modifying the shape with modular knitting, adding new colors, and combining fibers in unique ways to customize the pattern and truly make it yours. Learn to super-size smaller knits and play with a variety of yarn weights to create your own custom colors and textures. Technique Requirements: cast on/bind off, basic finishing techniques
Supplies for Class:
- Base shawl or scarf pattern of your choice. Recommended StevenBe patterns are Silk N Scribbles, Eyelet Ponchini, Scharf, Shawlvest or The Ponchini Vol. 1 book.
- Minimum 3 yarns to work with: including a fingering weight and a lace weight each in different fibers like mohair and silk to be combined into a heavier weight, as well as a chunky weight. Note: Yarns should be chosen and wound prior to class so we can begin immediately. Choose a color palette when bringing your stash to make it cohesive.
- A variety of needle sizes from US 6 to US 15 will be needed so bring a good selection. We recommend an interchangeable set.
- A notebook and pen or pencil for taking copious notes.
- Steven’s goodie bag of most preferred notions, including stitch markers, tapestry needle, tape measure, and scissors.