(Please note that there is some overlap between this class and Creating Successful Sweaters; content also overlaps with Sweaters, Deconstructed. Please don’t take all of them.)
Are you ready to take the sweater plunge, but a little nervous that you’ll wind up with a useless garment? Have you already taken the sweater plunge, and were disappointed with the results? Have no fear!
Amy will tell you everything you need to know to wind up with a sweater that’s worthy of envy. In this 3-hour class, we’ll cover:
• Different sweater construction options: What are the different ways a sweater can come together, and what impact does your choice of construction have? Amy brings her “sweater suitcase” to class with lots of different construction options to compare and contrast.
• Schematics: What are they? How they can help you?
• Getting a successful sweater fabric: Sweaters require different things out of their fabric than socks, shawls, and hats. From swatching to fibers, we’ll get you sweater-ready.
• Choosing the right size, and setting yourself up for the easiest-possible fit modifications (note: we don’t cover math in depth in this class)
• Choice points: Identifying key pattern elements vs. when you can go “off road”
• The Fun Stuff: Shaping, edging, patterning, and other options
Bring your own questions to class, too, and get ready for some great sweaters!
Technique Requirements: Knit/purl; cast on/bind off; increase/decrease
Supplies for Class:
Please bring in a swatch or two of a sweater fabric you really like (optional).