This class is an introduction to the idea of Sequence Knitting and the creation of knit fabric. Students will create swatches to get a feeling for the range of possibilities and understand how they can use sequence knitting in their own work. Specific topics include:
• Concept of Sequence Knitting
• When Sequence Knitting makes sense
• How to read Sequence Knitting instructions
• Common mistakes
• Reading Sequence Knitting charts
• Using different kinds of yarns
• Choosing yarns, colors, gauge
Technique Requirements: Suitable for advanced beginners through to very experienced knitters. Students should be able to knit, purl, cast on, and cast off.
Supplies for Class:
2 balls of smooth yarn in solid colors that contrast and appropriately sized needles. A pen or pencil for note-taking. A copy of the book Sequence Knitting can be helpful but is not required.