This is a two-part class. Both sections of the class will automatically be placed in your cart when you select one of the sessions.
Are you ready to unleash your creativity and design your own drop-shoulder cardigan? Join us for this engaging workshop where you’ll learn the ins and outs of creating a customized cardigan using a rectangular seamless construction. Whether you’re an experienced knitter or new to sweater making, this class will empower you to bring your unique vision to life.
During the workshop, we’ll cover the following topics:
• Taking accurate measurements for a perfect fit
• Understanding the concept of ease and how to incorporate it into your pattern
• Bridging the gap between your personal measurements and the desired measurements of the garment
• Exploring drop-shoulder constructions and their design possibilities
• Understanding the behavior of different yarns and their impact on your project
• Incorporating lace or cable patterns to add intricate details to your design
• The importance of blocking and how to properly block your finished sweater
Technique Requirements: Knit/purl; cast on/bind off; increase/decrease. Having completed a sweater previously is recommended but not required.
You will receive your homework via email a few weeks prior to the event. It will involve choosing yarn and swatching to make the most of our time together.
Chosen yarn and appropriate needles; knitting notions such as markers and darning needle; tape measure for accurate measurements; notepad and pen for taking notes and sketching design ideas.