This is a project-based class and guess what? By learning the elements of the design of the one ornate pattern repeat, you will be able to knit 3 patterns: GUADALUPE RIVER LIGHT, VERONIQUE, and WATERS! In this class we will go through the elements of the design and finishing techniques for all 3 designs. By making a swatch of the one pattern repeat, we will take a deep dive into the intricate but easy to learn techniques. From an I-cord edge to a bobble stitch to a bead application with a steel hook, I will show you how it is done! Please go to Ravlery to all the additional info about those patterns: GUADALUPE RIVER LIGHT, VERONIQUE, WATERS, and LUMINESQUE.
• Learn the anatomy of GUADALUPE RIVER LIGHT, VERONIQUE, WATERS and LUMINESQUE.
• Learn how to create I-cord edge.
• Learn how to create bobble stitch.
• Learn a bead application with a steel hook.
• Learn blocking technique applicable to those designs.
• Get inspired by the presentation of the multiple samples in array of fibers and colors.
Included in the class:
• Electronic swatch pattern.
• Guadalupe River Light electronic pattern.
Technique Requirements: knit/purl, cast on/bind off, increase/decrease, beginner lace, have knit a whole garment, have knit a few accessories, basic finishing techniques
• about 20g of practice yarn in fingering weight.
• about 30 Miyuki glass beads size 6/0.
• US3 (3.25mm) needles (you can use double-pointed needles).
• US 12/1.25mm steel hook for bead application
• row counter
• 2 stitch markers
• Please print swatch pattern (included and available in the Event Hub prior to the event) for the day of the class, or have it open on a secondary digital device