This is a two-part class. Both sections of the class will automatically be placed in your cart when you select one of the sessions.
Get a taste of Estonian knitting by making a wristlet showcasing four traditional techniques. This workshop is an introduction to Estonian knitting exploring knit fringe, knit braids, bobbles, and roosimine inlay knitting. We will travel across Estonia learning these different techniques that are much easier than they look. A great way to get to grips with many of the techniques covered in Aleks Byrd’s book Traditions Revisited: Modern Estonian Knits.
Technique Requirements: knit/purl, cast on/bind off, working in the round, chart reading, easy colorwork
With US 6 / 4mm needles and MC, CO 40 sts, join in the rnd. PM for BOR.
Rnd 1: K to end.
Rnd 2: P to end.
Repeat rnds 1–2 once more.
BOR: beginning of round
CO: cast on
MC: main color
PM:- place marker
rnd(s) - round(s)
[-]: repeat everything between [ ]
• US 6 / 4mm needles for knitting small circumference (double-pointed needles or circular needles for magic loop)
• Stitch markers
• Knit Fringe tool (available from Aleks Byrd) or flat stick or card approx 0.5" / 1.5 cm wide for wrapping fringe yarn loops
• DK yarn in 3 contrasting colors in the following approx. amounts:
- MC (main color) 20g
- CC1 (contrast color 1) 10g
- CC2 (contrast color 2) 10g