Add a bit of fun to your knits with fringe! Fringe can be added to your knitting either sewn on afterward or while knitting. In this workshop we will explore both methods from traditional Estonian mitten knitting with a fun small swatch.
Technique Requirements: knit/purl, cast on/bind off
Using US 6 / 4mm needles with MC, CO 22 sts.
Next 6 rows (garter stitch): K to end.
RS row: K to end.
WS row: K3, p to last 3 sts, k3.
Repeat RS and WS rows 3 more times.
• US 6 / 4mm needles for knitting small circumference (Double pointed needles or circular needles for magic loop)
• Tapestry / darning needle
• Knit Fringe tool (available from Aleks Byrd) or flat stick or card approx 0.5” / 1.5 cm wide for wrapping fringe yarn loops
• DK yarn in 3 contrasting colors in the following approx. amounts:
- MC (main color) 20g
- CC1 (contrast color 1 used for fringe) 10g
- CC2 (contrast color 2 used for fringe) 10g