Let’s make a zipper pouch bag! This is a fun project, and I am sure you will want to make lots of them. It will be perfect to keep your knitting notions (markers, scissors, tape measurement), makeup, or pencils, and it can also be a cute gift! The bag will be knitted, then, we will sew a piece of cotton fabric to line it. You can sew the fabric using a sewing machine or by hand. Then we will sew the zipper on top of the bag.
Cast on 30 stitches and knit in stockinette until the work measures 1 inch. End on the right side row.
• 1 skein of worsted-weight yarn
• US 8 (5mm) 10" circular needles or US 8 double-pointed needles
• 8"/20cm zipper
• needle to sew the fabric and zipper
• 1/4 yard of cotton or quilting cotton fabric
• sewing thread (use a similar color to your yarn) and needle