Students will be required to wear masks to attend this class.
Everything you've ever heard about stripes is a lie. Horizontal stripes won't make you look fat; vertical stripes won't make you look thin--when you know how to work the stripe system! Stripes are an effective way of using colour and contrast to change what your body looks like in your handmade clothing. Learn how to use color and stripe patterns to: • create the illusion of curves and a waist, whether you have them or not • shape the look of your body to highlight your best features, and minimize parts you wish to minimize • mix stripe patterns to create different effects • balance top heavy and bottom heavy body shapes • create the illusion of curves • knit bust darts that don't affect your stripe patterns You'll leave class with plans for many striped garments!
All of this is optional, but very helpful!
• gather patterns you’d like to knit that have stripes in them
• bring sample images of striped fabrics you may want to work with (you may want to print these out to make “paper dolls” in class)
• make a croquis (fashion illustration model) of yourself using http://mybodymodel.com, and print out 3–5 to draw and color in class. (discount code for my body model: INDIGODRAGONFLY
• coloring tools, such as crayons, colored pencils, watercolors, pastels, markers in a variety of colors
• handouts (available in the Event Hub the week of the event)
• patterns/fabrics you wish to use in future projects (images of both are fine)