Students will be required to wear masks to attend this class.
Using your measurements and worksheets, we’ll look at how to master the fit of sweater patterns to YOUR body, and what those modifications look like in a simplified form.
• How to choose a size to start with.
• How to compare your measurements to sweater schematics to learn how a “hybrid size” can be a solution when your measurements span more than one size.
• What to do when your weight is carried more in front or back.
• What to do when your gauge and the pattern gauge don’t agree.
• Where and how to place shaping darts to help with fit
Come to class with a set of measurements that include:
• Upper torso measurement
• Full bust measurement
• Armhole depth
• Natural waist circumference
• Hip circumference at mid-hip
• Bicep circumference
• Wrist circumference **Instructions for taking these measurements are in the handout, which will be available prior to class**
• Handout (schematic and worksheet will be available prior to class)
• Calculator (optional)