In this class you will learn the NEW technique of applying cross-stitch to mesh knitting. It is based on my designs, the Mia hat and Rose Cardigan from Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2019. “If knitting is the canvas, embroidery is the paint. Combining the two fiber arts yields spectacular results.” The concept is to knit a garment or an accessory and use it as a canvas for cross-stitch embroidery on top. Note: homework is required.
You can find the designs with this technique on my Ravelry page; please go to the pattern pages for additional info: Mia:https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mia-37 & Rose Cardigan: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/08-rose-cardigan
Technique Requirements: knit/purl, cast on/bind off, increase/decrease, beginner lace, chart reading, have knit a few accessories, basic finishing techniques
• Please complete the swatch prior to class (click here to download the swatch pattern)
• Please print Cross Stitch on Knits Swatch pattern prior to class, or have it open on a secondary electronic device.
• 9” x 9” inch “mesh” pattern swatch (click here to download the swatch pattern) made of cotton, or cotton blend in DK weight yarn in white, or cream color
• about 20 yards of fingering weight yarn in Deep Pink, Medium Pink, Light Pink, Green and Light Green
• removable stitch markers, tapestry needle, scissors