Five Best Finishing Techniques to Transform Your Sweater-Making (NEW!)
Friday, January 25, 2019
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Tips & Techniques
Designer Deborah Newton makes gorgeous sweaters, and she is very opinionated about her finishing. She disdains anything that takes too much time and is known to turn her nose up at blocking in most cases! Over the years of making hundreds of sweaters, Deborah has devised her favorite techniques for making her designs look wonderful in the most straightforward way. In three hours, learn all about her finishing “Bag of Tricks”:
1. Seaming—the best and the easiest, in all directions!
2. Avoiding blocking! Learn how and why!
3. Picking up along ANY kind of edge. All those little holes disappear.
4. Setting in sleeves for a smooth finish! No more lumps and bumps.
5. Cardigan edges—all Deborah’s tricks for buttonholes, bands, and buttons!
Supplies to Bring:
Materials Fee (to Be Paid Directly to the Teacher):