As we explore different ways to spin combed-top braids, including gradient spinning, combination drafting, and spinning multiple braids together into one yarn, we will use both color theory and creativity for the best results. Our goal is to gain confidence in spinning braids with varying colors into a cohesive yarn AND to think outside the box to achieve your desired outcome from the raw materials.
Technique Requirements: Must be able to spin a continuous singles yarn and ply a 2-ply yarn. Drop-spindle friendly class!
• Pen or pencil with eraser
• Spinning wheel in working order, espinners, spindles are welcome
• spare bobbins for sampling for wheel spinners
• lazy kate (optional)
• Bring your own 4 oz clearly defined, multicolored combed top braid. Please send email to instructor for approval, if unsure
• Color wheel (recommend: Pocket Rainbow Color Selector Wheel)