So you’ve gotten the hang of spinning yarn, but what’s next? Let’s turn it up a notch and go beyond the basics of simply creating yarn. We will begin by using tools that will help with project planning and record keeping. In this class, you will learn how to accurately count yardage manually, measure grist, angle of twist, and how to make repeatable skeins.
Technique Requirements: Must be able to spin a continuous singles yarn and ply a 2-ply yarn. Drop-spindle friendly class!
• Pen or pencil with eraser
• Spinner’s Control Card and wpi tool
• Spinning wheel in working order, espinners, spindles are welcome
• spare bobbins for sampling for wheel spinners, lazy kate
• fiber of your choice for sampling, preferably combed top or roving minimum of 2 oz