This is a two-part class. Both sections of the class will automatically be placed in your cart when you select one of the sessions.
The RYOS series is about a full creative knitting experience through beautiful, engaging, and fun techniques, using the yarns that you have!
Everything that we have in our stash is very welcome in this class! It is possible that we have leftovers from previous projects, some skeins found in a thrift store, or maybe a gift from a friend! We would love it if you bring to class different yarn weights with all kinds of fiber contents! In this creative class we will renew the way we look at those yarns, mixing colors, fibers, and textures to create macro motifs and opening a whole new world of possibilities for our stash! We will look at this in stages: First, creativity/exploration. Second, we will cover the tips and tricks for blocking and how to get your gauge numbers, so you can be ready to cast on using the materials that you already have!
Concepts covered in this class:
- Focused on giving info and tools to encourage the knitters to upcycle what they already have in stash; a playful way to be confident to explore creativity;
- Knitting swatches, exploring the fade & marl techniques over different stitches;
- We are inviting you to bring blocking tools, a spray with water, a blocking surface, and a steamer (optional), so we will have the full blocking experience with tips and tricks;
- We are inviting you to bring a ruler, so we will fall in love with gauge, now from the designer's point of view! Your fabric, your rules!
- The more wacky the yarn, the better!
A variety of yarns and leftovers from your own stash in different colors, fiber content, weight and textures; a range of knitting needles from your own stash that works with your yarn selection (suggestion from US 3 to US 10); stitch markers; paper and pencil for notes. Have handy your blocking tools: a spray bottle of water, a blocking surface, and a steamer (optional). A ruler. A handout will be made available in the week of the event, please download it prior to class.