In this workshop, we’ll discuss my sweater design process from start to finish. This is a fun class for anyone thinking about designing their first sweater (for fun or for work), but also for those who are interested in knowing what goes on behind the scenes.
- How to find inspiration (Pinterest, fashion designers, brands).
- Following trends and adjusting them to what knitters want to knit.
- Important measurements to consider when designing (shoulder span, full bust, sleeve circumference, hip measurement, etc). Tables of measurements and their meaning.
- Meaning of EASE.
- Overview of different sweater constructions and how to choose the one that best suits your idea.
- Basic concepts on grading patterns to different sizes and making them size inclusive and well fitting.
- Using spreadsheets to grade a very basic pattern (converting it to different sizes instructions).
Technique Requirements: None, but some experience with spreadsheet software such as Excel, Numbers, or Sheets will be useful.