Learn how to create knitted garments that fit your body perfectly. We will cover the entire process, from measuring and swatching to selecting the right yarn and choosing a pattern.
• Understanding body measurements and how they relate to knitting patterns
• Creating accurate gauge swatches and adjusting gauge if necessary
• Choosing the right yarn for a particular pattern
• Understanding ease and how it affects the fit of a garment
• Making modifications to patterns to ensure a perfect fit
• "The Math" for using your gauge
• Tips and tricks for finishing knitted garments
By the end of the class, students will have the skills and confidence to create knitted garments that fit.
Technique Requirements: knit/purl, cast on/bind off, increase/decrease, working in the round
• A tape measure