This class is designed to give you a toolbox of skills and resources that will help you tackle every project using colorwork techniques that don’t involve knitting with multiple strands of yarn at the same time: mosaic, intarsia, and stripes!
- The basics and simple rules of mosaic knitting
- Reading a mosaic knitting grid
- Explorations of the different types of mosaic patterns
- Basic techniques for a successful intarsia
- Intarsia in the round
- Avoiding that pesky jog at the beginning of the turn when knitting in the round
- The most invisible colour change ever!
- Helix knitting with 2 or 3 colours (or more!)
Participants should be comfortable with the following:
- Knitting and purling
- Knitting in the round
Experience in reading knitting charts is not required, but encouraged.
Pencil and paper for taking notes; small quantities of yarn (preferably sport or DK weight, a few yards) in solid or semi-tonal contrasting colours, at least 4 different colours, but the more the better, and needles in an appropriate size.