Friday, January 12, 2018, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Projects & Patterns, Tips & Techniques
We will knit a mini version of a seamless, tailored top down sweater with the clever Åsa Tricosa Ziggurat method. You will learn the German Short Row, how and where to pick up stitches for sleeve caps, how to read the Helpful Table, the crochet cast on for a perfect neckline. And more.
After the class you will be ready to knit a full-size version for yourself – or for some very deserving person.
• The basic Ziggurating steps
• German Short Rows
• Tricks for picking up cap and shoulder stitches to create neat, seam-like edges
• Why the pick up and purl is really a pick up and knit
• The Perfect Neckline (Crochet) Cast On
• How to choose the correct size
• How to customise the size
• How to read and make good use of the Helpful Table
• The beauty of non-cut, no-seam, all-in-one top-down knitting that fits
Technique Requirements: Knit/purl; cast on/bind off; increase/decrease; working in the round
Supplies to Bring: