Pick-Up Artist (EXCLUSIVE!)
Saturday, November 2, 2019
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Finishing, Tips & Techniques
Sweater finishing doesn’t have to be a chore. Learn my clever new methods for picking-up stitches, working button bands, buttonholes and crafting necklines to give your sweaters a gorgeous, professional finish – without the headache. These are my most requested, most popular tricks that will eliminate the guesswork and frustration of sweater finishing – you may even learn to love it!
• How to avoid the dreaded button band "sag"
• How to pick up the correct number of stitches every time
• Tricks to adjust neckline fit
• A new, sleek technique for tidy, strong buttonholes
• Three clever ways to finish a neckline, with variations
• Quick tricks to fix trouble spots (underarm gap, uneven edges and more!)
• How to reinforce a seamless sweater so it stays on better
Technique Requirements: Knit/purl; cast on/bind off; increase/decrease; working in the round; have knit a whole garment; we will use a crochet hook for a simple technique that does not require prior crochet experience, although if you are comfortable holding and using a crochet hook, it can help.
Supplies to Bring:
Materials Fee (to Be Paid Directly to the Teacher):