Never knit another ill-fitting sweater! Learn how to read between the lines of a pattern, master gauge (once and for all), choose the right yarn for the job, and – most importantly – how to determine your body shape and size to create the perfect sweater fit for your figure. You will understand so much more about sweater patterns after taking this class! (The Sweater Whisperer emphasizes top-down, seamless sweaters, but these tips are applicable to almost any sweater pattern.)
• Your own measurements to help you make informed decisions about sweater fit
• The elements of ease and how they apply to fit
• How to read between the lines of a pattern
• The nitty gritty of gauge and what it does to sizing
• How to choose a pattern that works for your body shape
• How to find the perfect length for your sweater
• And more!
Technique Requirements: Knit/purl; cast on/bind off; increase/decrease; working in the round; have knit a whole garment; basic finishing techniques
Please bring a gauge swatch in stockinette stitch that measures at least 4 in x 4 in/10 cm x 10cm (any weight yarn). You may use a swatch you are using for another class or that you have used for a previous project.
Supplies for Class:
• Pen/pencil, paper • A calculator • A full size measuring tape
Materials Fee (to Be Paid Directly to the Teacher):