Get Fit (for Sweaters)
Friday, November 1, 2019
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Inspiration, Tips & Techniques
Exercise your knitting muscles with this sweater intensive workshop. Find out once and for all why your sweaters don’t fit the way you want them to and how to whip them into shape. You’ll never look at a pattern the same way again! (Don’t worry, you won’t even break a sweat.) This class is an excellent follow-up to The Sweater Whisperer and will take you deeper into understanding the elements of fit. "Get Fit" emphasizes techniques for seamless sweaters, but most of the elements of fit and sizing relate to any sweater pattern.
• Everything you ever needed to know about gauge (but were afraid to ask)
• The important role of both stitch and row gauge for sweater knitting
• The elements of ease and how they relate to fit
• How to "read" a seamless pattern for size checkpoints
• How and where to work modifications in seamless sweaters
• How to choose the right yarn for the results you want
• How (and why) the "fabric" affects the fit
Class lecture includes a Q & A answering your burning sweater questions and a discussion of what constitutes proper fit for a sweater, based on how you’ll wear it.
Technique Requirements: Knit/purl; cast on/bind off; increase/decrease; working in the round; have knit a whole garment; experience with top-down garment construction
Supplies to Bring:
Materials Fee (to Be Paid Directly to the Teacher):