So you’ve gotten the hang of spinning yarn, but what’s next? Let’s turn it up a notch and go beyond the basics of spinning and explore technical information for project planning. In this class, you will learn how to accurately count yardage manually, measure the grist, angle of twist and how to make repeatable skeins.
Technique Requirements: Must be able to spin a continuous singles yarn and ply a 2-ply yarn. Drop-spindle friendly class!
• Pen or pencil with eraser
• Spinner’s Control Card and wpi took
• Spinning wheel in working order, espinners, spindles are welcome
• spare bobbins for sampling for wheel spinners, lazy kate
• fiber of your choice for sampling, preferably combed top or roving minimum of 2 oz