This class is an example of creating a truly unique look in 3D knitwear. Students will discover a different approach to modular knitting while combining a series of techniques to achieve a highly textured accessory while knitting the Kune-Kune Shawl or Kune-Kune Cowl . We will learn how to increase in this patterning and also how to customize it.
Technique Requirements: knit/purl, cast on/bind off, increase/decrease, working in the round, have knit a few accessories, basic finishing techniques
● For Shawl: 2160 yards of laceweight yarn (if held double stranded) OR 1080 yards of fingering- or sport weight yarn (if held single stranded)
● For Cowl: 1700 yards of laceweight yarn (if held double stranded) OR 850 yards of fingering- or sport weight yarn (if helps single stranded)
● Please do not choose dark colors for working on this during the class
● US 5 (3.75 mm) circular, 24-36"
● Crochet Hook D (3.25 mm) or E (3.5 mm)
● Waste yarn in different color and similar weight to work
● One double pointed needle, 1 or 2 sizes smaller than main needle
● Tapestry needle
● Purchase Kune-Kune Shawl or Kune-Kune Cowl
pattern (Note both links will take you to Ravelry) and print it out or have ready for class